Friday, April 8, 2011

Coffee center

Ok, so this is mostly for our kids--anyone else can just shake your head in wonderment at our enjoyment in making coffee :0
This is our "coffee center". We have a vaccum coffee pot, a grinder for the beans, which we do for every pot. It makes a world of difference in the taste. We mostly brew Starbucks, although we found another brand that we like, too. It's just not as readily available. Back to the center--we also have a hand grinder-- (both grinders are burr grinders for the best flavor ) which came before the electric one and we'll use it when traveling or camping. Along the same thought of travel--we have a french press, measuring tools (have to get it right!), coffee beans, creamer (I know--it's my 1 bad habit) and pure maple syrup for sweetner. Tom is actually drinking it black most of the time now. He is learning to enjoy the different flavors within the coffee. I should tell you--this new enjoyment and facination for coffee started after we attended a coffee tasting at Starbucks several weeks ago. They were introducing their new Tribute coffee and their new line of treats. It was quite interesting and the treats were good--probably not good FOR you, but good :)
I keep a small french press at work and take coffee I've ground at home, as well as my own creamer and sweetner so I can still enjoy a good cup of coffee if I don't get it made before I go. I have to be there by 6 a.m. so --yes--sometimes I don't get it brewed before I leave. (yawn)
When Hannah comes home we'll have alot of fun since she's our Starbucks queen. Nathanael will require a full pot instead of our 2 cups and Aaron will just think we've really gone way out :)



This is our vaccum coffee pot. It makes a wonderful, hot pot of coffee and it's fun to watch! The water heats in the bottom and is sucked up to the coffee in the top.



Water has been sucked up to the coffee and is brewing--just a few minutes, then it begins to perk.
After it perks for about 30 seconds, you remove it to a hot pad to complete.



 Coffee is beginning to be pulled down into the pot. This usually takes just a minute or 2.


Coffee is now ready! It stays hotter longer this way, too.


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and unique! Greg has been drinking black coffee for several months now, but I'm still addicted to the fattening stuff. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Quite the process! It MUST be good to go through all of that!!! Can't wait to try it for myself. How is the Yukon blend? As good as the Verona?

    ReplyDelete